Thank you for your interest in Miami Light Project programs. Call for submissions to ScreenDance Miami Festival 2022 and Here & Now: 2022 will open soon.
Miami Light Project commissions and presents live performances by today’s leading contemporary dance, music and theater artists from around the world; we support the development of new work by emerging and established performing artists living in Miami; and we cultivate informed and engaged audiences that reflect the diverse cultural make-up of South Florida. Miami Light Project is a cultural forum to explore the issues that define contemporary society.
- ScreenDance Miami Festival 2022 opens July 16, 2021 at 12:01 AM EST.
- Here & Now: 2022 opens August 2, 2021 at 12:01 AM EST.
For more information about Miami Light Project, please visit our website.
Miami Light Project invites dancers, choreographers, movers, and filmmakers from around the world to submit their dance films for ScreenDance Miami Festival 2022! Submissions for the 2022 festival are now being accepted! The panel convenes in November and applicants will be notified via e-mail.
ScreenDance Miami highlights choreographers and directors who are working with emerging and new concepts in movement and dance on film and dance on camera. ScreenDance Miami seeks to engage the public and bring to light an understanding of this adventuresome, exciting art form.
Online submissions begin Friday, July 16, 2021 and ends Friday, October 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
Please read carefully.
1. All Individuals must submit a completed entry form on Submittable by no later than October 15, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
2. Your submission must be a final version of your film. Working or in-progress versions will not be accepted.
3. Video link should be password protected and downloadable. Click HERE for instructions on how to create a Vimeo account.
4. Upon acceptance to participate in the festival of ScreenDance Miami 2022 the film cannot be withdrawn.
5. After official selection you will be asked to send publicity material (i.e., still images) free of rights. This material may be used for promotional purposes of ScreenDance Miami, regardless of when or where.
6. By submitting your film you declare that you hold all the rights. This means you hold the rights to sharing all aspects of the film, and that you have cleared rights with the composer/musicians/dancers and any other film collaborators.
7. General scheduling and timetable of screenings are at the discretion of the festival.
8. Your film can be part of the ScreenDance Miami video library archive. If you prefer not to be part of the archive please indicate this choice on the submission form.
9. Entry of a dance film implies unconditional acceptance of regulations. Festival management will make all final decisions.
We look forward to viewing your work! For more information about ScreenDance Miami and Miami Light Project please visit our website.